Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Initial Sketching

So FINALLY managed to get my scanner to do what it was designed to do.. scan.
And here is a snippet of my initial design ideas and directions, quite broad in form ranging from dirt bike to cafe racer style.

But they all keep to the idea of tubular structured bottom, largely influenced by the Featherbed Frame; Cafe Racer, which I can't get enough of. The idea of the exposed frame and utilising the triangular form seen on some of the concepts,to me conveys the idea of safety. With reference to roll cages and sturdy structure, obviously the aesthetic of this will need developing to make it appealing to the target audience. But at this stage I'm just working on getting initial ideas down on a broad scope.

Storage was my next main priority and I've tried to incorporate a large capacity of it in most of these designs.. found that utilising both the seats as some sort of a lid for a back compartment could potentially resolve this storage issue?

Something which has been mentioned before and strikes me as the way to go is that of simplifying the design of the bike.. epotimised in the Cafe Racer style and mentioned also in Sam's blog. This is the style in which I think I will develop towards... having the exposed components of the bike and wrapping them in a skeletal structure, as if tearing away the skin of the bike: fairings.

 







No comments:

Post a Comment